This years’ annual meeting is going to be vastly different than it has at any time during the nearly 140-year history of First Free Church. Attempting to find as close to a proper balance between interaction, orderliness, structure, content / flow, distribution, safety and security as we can, here is the format for our Annual Meeting this Sunday, April 26th:
- The Annual Meeting will be a pre-recorded presentation, similar to our Sunday morning services, which will be posted online.
- An email will be sent out to all members, as well as regular attendees, on Sunday following the “Premiere” of the Sunday morning service.
- This email will have a link that is password-secured so that those who wish to watch the Annual Meeting Presentation will be able to view it at their convenience. The password for this link will be included in the email.
- After watching the video presentation, if there are any questions regarding the material, these can be sent via email to email@example.com – which will be received from Sunday afternoon up to Tuesday night at midnight.
- The Elder Board will then compile and answer all questions received during this time, and then send the Q&As out via email to the same recipients that received the link to the presentation (as soon as possible), so that hopefully everyone will have the information that they feel they need to vote well.
- For the vote itself, each member will receive an email with a link to an online voting platform, which will be password-secured. The password for this link will be included in the email. There are four ballots, with eleven votes total. A preview of the ballots will be attached in .pdf format to the email with the Q&As, for your convenience.
- If you, as a member, feel comfortable voting without seeing a preview of the ballots or receiving the Q&As, you’re welcome to vote as soon as it goes live. There is no virtually no difference in content between what you’ll read on the voting platform and have in the preview .pdf.
- The vote will be open from Wednesday at 12:00 am through Friday night at midnight. The results will be announced via email next weekend, to both members as well as regular attendees.
We understand that not everyone has the ability to participate in the vote online. If you are a Neighborhood Care Group Shepherd, and have not been contacted yet regarding someone that you think may have difficulty participating in this way, please send an email to Tim Wilkin at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we’ll follow up with them.
Here are the major items of business planned for the meeting:
If you are a member and did not receive an email or mail with additional information, please email us at email@example.com or leave a message at our office at 773-561-4175 so we can get this information to you.
Your grace is much appreciated, as this is certainly a challenging time on many different levels (but also precious in some ways!) for us all. We look forward to a time in the hopefully very near future where we can gather again and worship together.