The results of the 2020 Annual Meeting Vote are in! All votes were unanimously approved / affirmed, with the exception of the elder term extensions and Chairman, which received one vote in the negative. There were 48 people in total that voted. This means that:
- The 2020 / 2021 Budget is approved
- We have two new members of First Free
- The revision to align our bylaws with the EFCA Statement of Faith regarding the ‘glorious return’ of Jesus Christ is affirmed
- 6-month terms for elders, officers and deacons has been inserted into the bylaws, temporarily, in order to shift the vote on these to the fall quarterly meeting starting in October 2020
- Depending on their terms, current elders, officers and deacons are extended through at least October 2020
Thank you for participating in this years’ annual meeting (there may not be another like it!). And to those that tried to vote, but for some reason or other weren’t able to – thank you for trying; I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you all for your grace as we dealt with technical – and “clerical” – issues to hold this required annual meeting and corresponding vote.