The elders at First Free invite anyone from the congregation to nominate one or more individuals to serve as an elder in the future.
What does it mean to be an elder at First Free?
- Elders lead the church in prayer, teaching/mentoring, casting vision, and encouraging the church to pursue mission.
- Any man or woman who meets the qualifications listed in Scripture and is an active member of the church can be nominated to serve as an elder.
- Elder nominees who agree to be mentored will become elder apprentices to the current elder team.
Scripture to study: 1 Peter 5:1-4; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; Acts 20:28-35
Elder mentoring process:
Before becoming an elder, the mentoring of elder apprentices will include prayer, character assessment (using a questionnaire from the EFCA), book studies, auditing elder meetings, and many conversations with current elders. Each apprentice will have two mentor elders to ask questions and receive a balanced perspective, as well as maintain healthy male-female interactions at all times.
How to submit a nomination:
Fill out the form below, or send an email to email@example.com with the following –
- Name of the person you are nominating
- Contact information for that person
- A description of your relationship with that person
- A description of that person’s character & leadership qualities, how you have seen them live out their faith in Christ, and how they have actively participated in the ministries of the church.
Note: if you nominate someone, please let them know – this is a great opportunity to encourage a fellow sister or brother in Christ!
Fill out the form below to submit a nomination now.