Mission & Vision
The mission and vision of Children & Family Ministries mirror that of First Free’s: We aim to equip children and families to be disciples of Jesus Christ, and to share the Gospel with them in both Word and deed. We celebrate their lives as they are transformed by Jesus Christ.
We serve children ages 3 months through 5th grade. If you’re looking for information for Junior or High School ages, you can find that HERE.Contact Children & Family Ministries
Sunday Morning Check In
If you’re new to First Free, you can get started at the KidCheck kiosk, located in the entryway of our Family Life Center, adjacent to the sanctuary building on the corner.
We’ll have someone posted there to help you register your children and answer any questions you may have, and you’ll be able to print out a set of matched ID labels for you and the children in your care.
Alternatively, or if you’ve been coming for a while, you can check in and get your ID labels at the kiosk on the 2nd floor of the Family Life Center, just to the left of the elevator. We’ll have information posted there about upcoming events and locations of classrooms, as well as materials for children to use on 4th and 5th Sundays.
Nursery – “Baby Seals”
We offer nursery care for infants and toddlers from 3 months to 2.5 years old in our nursery, located on the second floor of the Family Life Center. Your children will experience a well-supervised program with playtime, songs, and a snack.
Pre-K to 5th Grade
After the worship portion of our 10am service concludes, children from Pre-K through 5th grade are invited to continue their time outside of the sanctuary.
- Pre-K – “Penguins & Polar Bears”
- K-5th Grade – “The Tree House”
Kids 2.5 to 4 years of age will enjoy worship and fun in the Arctic Zone class rooms, located on the second floor of the Family Life Center. Your children will experience a well-supervised program with a lesson from Scripture, craft, and a snack.
Elementary-aged kids gather in here on the third floor of the Family Life Center. Your children will experience a well-supervised program with small and large group activities.
- Opt in to the FF parent email list. We’ll update you about once per month (or as needed) about what’s coming up in CFM.
- Opt in to the FF Mom’s email group. Whether you’re looking for a new babysitter, have gently-used kid clothes to pass on, or want meet other moms and kids for an impromptu zoo outing, this listserve is a great tool!
- Join us for Moms In Prayer. Gather with other mothers for weekly prayer time for our kids and their schools.
Are you looking for a place to serve at First Free Church? Whether you have a gift for teaching, are creative, or have a knack for keeping kids engaged, CFM might be a great place for you! Through Sunday morning worship and teaching, we support parents’ efforts to disciple their children. We welcome those with or without children, college-aged through seniors, single or married! Serve as a teacher, check-in monitor, or support staff.
- Supply Brigade (provide materials for crafts and activities; as needed via occasionally email notifications)
- Greeters at the KidCheck kiosk (before the service; 1-2 times monthly)
- Nursery (during the service; 1-2 times monthly)
- K-5 Small Group Leaders (during the service; 1-2 times monthly)
For more information contact our Deacon of Children & Family Ministries: firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact Our Deacons