We are so excited to welcome people to in-person worship!
Those who wish to attend will need to sign-up before the service (Saturday morning at the latest). Sanctuary capacity will be limited, and there will be health and safety screening questions asked at entry. Masks and social distancing will be required, and no food or drinks will be allowed in the building. Any socializing after the service will need to be done outside the building.
Please read the complete health and safety requirements and guidelines below, then…REGISTER FOR SUNDAY WORSHIP
First Free is a body and a family, not a building. We will continue to live-stream services via our YouTube channel for those who choose to worship from home, and we will keep on hosting online fellowship times, studies, and meetings.
Continue to pray for First Free. Pray for the safety of our congregation, the needs of our members, and the sharing and hearing of God’s word both inside and outside of our building.
Family Tables Room
We have created a Family Tables Room in the lower level of the building for Sunday mornings. This will provide families with younger children a socially-distanced space to worship with a live-stream of the service while their kids work on activity sheets. Those interested must register using the same form as everyone else, indicating your preference on the form. There are five tables, and each can seat up to eight. For more information, contact Children and Family Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waitlist & Balcony
If you are interested in attending the service, please don’t be shy about signing up every week. We now have waitlist functionality. If you end up on the waitlist for a certain week, we will give you priority in later weeks.
Health & Safety Requirements
Upon arrival to First Free, we will have some health and safety questions to ask you before you enter the building. We ask that you stay home if any of the following items are true for you or your household.
- have any symptom of COVID today or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
- have been diagnosed with COVID in the last 14 days
- have spent time with someone diagnosed with COVID in the last 14 days
- have traveled in the last 10 days and are required to quarantine according to Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order*
* current travel restrictions as of March 2nd, 2021 indicate that if you have traveled to an orange state, you are required to quarantine for 10 days if you are not fully vaccinated, or if you have had a negative COVID test in the last 72 hours. If you have traveled recently, please view the order to make sure you are in compliance before attending First Free.
If you develop COVID-19
If you get symptoms of COVID-19, please get yourself tested as soon as possible. If you have been present at First Free within 3 days of developing symptoms, it is important that you contact us. We will not share your name, but we are required to notify attendees from the service that they may have been exposed.
Contact email@example.com or leave a message with Aurora in the office at 773-561-4175 x110. Include your name and phone number in the message, please.
“’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: `Love your neighbor as yourself.’“ (Luke 10:27)
With this scripture in mind, we want everyone to prayerfully do their part to protect other church attendees. Please abide by these guidelines when meeting together at a First Free worship service:
Masks & Distancing
- Masks over both mouth and nose required at all times
- No food or drink will be allowed in the building, in order to avoid removing masks to eat
- Please note: The pastor will not be wearing a mask during the sermon delivery.
- Maintain physical distancing–at least 6 feet at all times
Washing & Sanitizing
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the church.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap & warm water after using the restroom.
- Only two people allowed in each restroom at a time.
- Follow the ushers’ directions.
- Ushers will escort you to your seat. You may not change seats during the service.
- Seats will be pre-assigned. People who live in the same household will sit together and be separated from other groups by 6 feet.
- Parents, please keep your children close to you at all times. Children K-5 must be accompanied by at least one parent at all times, even when going to the restroom.
- Please proceed directly outside after the service. No congregating will be allowed in the church building. There will be markings on the ground to help you maintain at least 6 feet of distance.
What if I feel sick?
- If you do not feel well, please do not attend in-person services, please avail yourself of the online services.
- Monitor yourself and any of your children for symptoms of coronavirus before church and during the service.
- If you feel sick during the service, please notify an usher before exiting the building.
- If you develop symptoms of coronavirus or test positive for coronavirus after attending an in person service, notify the church office at 773-561-4175 or firstname.lastname@example.org