Now through Sunday, October 23 // Your donations of new or good-condition (working zippers and no tears or stains) coats for all sizes, infant through adult will provide welcome warmth for those newly resettled here through World Relief and Heartland Alliance. Look for donation boxes on the 2nd floor near the elevator and in the Fellowship Hall. For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operation Christmas Child
You can help churches around the world reach children and families in their community! Donate funds, donate toys, and/or join our toy packing party on Sunday, November 13 from 5:30-9pm (dinner provided!) Please refer to the suggested toy list below, and direct all questions to Beth Cha or Nancy Wilcox.
- Delight a kid! Start with a medium to large item that will capture the child’s attention the instant he or she opens the box.
- Ideas include: soccer ball with pump, stuffed animal, toys (puppets, trucks, etc.), doll (baby, Barbie, etc.), musical instrument, outfit, shoes
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as toy cars, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: T-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- Crafts: Make your own items such as hair bows, finger puppets, and friendship bracelets.
Do Not Include:
Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Using Your Spiritual Gifts To Serve At FF
Whether you prefer “working behind-the-scenes” or like “being out front,” there are many interesting ways to use your skills and passion to get involved here by serving!
It is our desire that people would serve out of joy and purpose. If you are unsure about your spiritual gifts, here is a tool that may prove to be helpful to you. Download the Spiritual Gifts Assessment Tool here, or find a copy in the foyer outside the sanctuary. What is a spiritual gift, anyway? Email your questions to Pastor Bill.
Check out these quick videos about some places you could serve!
Spiritual Renovation: Women’s Retreat
Friday-Sunday, November 4-6, 2016 // Come away to be refreshed, as author Kelli Worrall leads us in a time of spiritual renovation. We’ll spend our weekend at the beautiful Phantom Ranch Bible Camp in Mukwonago, WI. Register by October 2 and save $15 with an early bird discount!
Download the FF app!
Keep up with us, wherever you are!
- Sermon Podcasts
- Give tithes & offering
- Send prayer requests
- Contact us
- Get more info…and more!
Search for “First Free Chicago” in your device’s app store, or
CLICK HERE FROM YOUR DEVICE
to find the app in your store.